- Robby Gordon’s Dad And Stepmom Found Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Reggie Bush Could Become 1st RB In NFL History To End Season With Negative Rushing Yards
- Knicks’ Phil Jackson, Lakers’ Jeanie Buss Announce Breakup
- Kansas St. vs. Texas A&M: Point Spread, Total & Prediction for Texas Bowl
- When is Conor McGregor’s Next UFC Fight?
- Hero World Challenge Tournament Betting Odds
Robby Gordon’s Dad And Stepmom Found Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide
Tragic news today for former NASCAR driver and offroad racing legend Robby Gordon, whose dad and step mom have been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
The bodies of Robert Gordon, 68, and his wife Sharon Gordon, 57, were found in a Southern California home owned by Robby Gordon. The Orange County coroner told USA Today Sports that they have not officially determined a cause of death. However, police told CBS 2 Los Angeles that all signs point to a tragic case of domestic violence.
The initial 911 call came in around 5 p.m. on Wednesday. It was placed by a neighbor who was doing a welfare check on behalf of the Gordons’ family members. Police responded and found the Gordons’ bodies in their home. They also recovered a weapon at the scene.
According to the Orange Country Register, police do not believe there is a suspect at large.
Robby Gordon, 47, is one of the most versatile racers of his era. He ran over 500 races with NASCAR, winning three, and has made 10 starts in the Indy 500. Gordon’s greatest success has been in offroad racing. He has won the Baja 500 four times and the Baja 1000 three times. He has also won nine Dakar Rally stages and taken home seven SCORE International championships.
Our thoughts go out to the Gordon family.