- Robby Gordon’s Dad And Stepmom Found Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Reggie Bush Could Become 1st RB In NFL History To End Season With Negative Rushing Yards
- Knicks’ Phil Jackson, Lakers’ Jeanie Buss Announce Breakup
- Kansas St. vs. Texas A&M: Point Spread, Total & Prediction for Texas Bowl
- When is Conor McGregor’s Next UFC Fight?
- Hero World Challenge Tournament Betting Odds
John Daly Once Tossed $55K From Car Window Just To Make A Point To His Wife On Who Pays The Bills
Have you ever wanted to make a point so bad to someone that you threw an insane amount of cash out of a car window? I didn’t think so.
Golf Legend John Daly did. He shared the awesome story while on ESPN Radio’s “The Dan Le Batard Show”, recalling the time he wanted to prove a point to his then-wife, Sherri, on who paid the bills in their household.
I won like $55,000 in the casino and I said (to Sherri), if you’re going to yell and scream at me about this, I threw it over the bridge going over to Memphis from Arkansas. I threw all the money out the (car) window and said, ‘You know what, if you want that money, you can go find it. But let me tell you something, you don’t have a job. You’re not working. I’m supporting you, I’m paying all the bills.’
My buddy (then) took her to a McDonald’s drive-thru and got her two cheeseburgers and some french fries and a soda, and (it was like), ‘OK, this is how you can live from now on if that’s the way you want it.’
Sherri confirmed that story in her 2011 book, Teed Off: My Life as a Player’s Wife on the PGA Tour. She stated she went back and retrieved almost all of that cash after hours of work.